The temporary forum for VC Godalming & Haslemere

SWRC Dunsfold 2 August

ian

SWRC Dunsfold 2 August

Post  ian on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:44 pm

Hi Rob - how did you do? I liked the circuit but didn't like the risks some riders were taking around bends on the last lap. Dunsfold 'drome on Sunday 9 - are you entered?
    RobM

Re: SWRC Dunsfold 2 August

Post  RobM on Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:12 am

I was 3rd. Not overall, not even in category I suspect (full results not yet published but I suspect that some out-of-region-and-so-non-qualifying riders were taking part), but 3rd in the Championship for London and South-East of England competitors.

A fast, 'easy' course made hard by frequent and vicious attacks by the really good riders. Most of us were dying just staying in touch. As usual, Colin Roshier got away for the win. I was soft-pedalling at the head of the bunch with less than half a lap to go when a guy just gently slipped off the front. Everyone else was waiting for everyone else, so we all watched him take an easy second, while the fight for third was simply furious up Wrotham Hill.

I'm taking this weekend off, then its the Older Man's Road Race at Ellens Green on Saturday 15th.

ian

Post  ian on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:57 pm

3rd! Well done. In my event I got overtaken by a lot of riders on the wrong side of the bends on the run in to Wrotham Hill. Despite a lead car and m/cycle there's no guarantee that a car isn't coming. In any case my legs just died on the climb.
    Rode the Dunsfold crit tonight - absolutely fabulous. Took 3rd place in the 4th lap sprint and went for a flyer off the front on the last lap.Couldn't hold the pace though and got caught with about 2.5 km to go. Adrenaline is flowing. This is the way to go for training so I'll sign up for the series next year.
    Ellens Green - 15th August? What event is it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:13 am