VC Godalming & Haslemere

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The temporary forum for VC Godalming & Haslemere

4 posters

New MTB trail centre

On_One_Ti_456
    On_One_Ti_456

New MTB trail centre Empty New MTB trail centre

Post  On_One_Ti_456 Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:00 pm

I was up visiting my folks at the weekend and made it over to Gisburn Forest, where some new trails have been built recently. Really enjoyed it, espically the big berms -

Well worth a trip if you're in the area. Smile
    Mark
    Mark
    Admin

New MTB trail centre Empty Re: New MTB trail centre

Post  Mark Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:08 am

nice berms!!! wow. would love to ride that. not sure about the jumps but those berms look lovely. think i might change the design brief for the bkb ending to match this lol.

actually, on that note, i got the design spec for bkb yesterday. It's not particularly specific at this stage (we still have to flag out the exact trail corridor)

Excerpts:

The new section of trail will exit BKB on a slight uphill to the right of the existing trail. The new trail will then traverse the hillside and include a number of rolling trail features and two switchback turns.
    The BKB re-route incorporates a range of trail features. These will be constructed to compliment the character of the rest of BKB. Rolling in nature with clear site lines and bypass/alternative routes where needed.
    The BKB re-route incorporates two switchback/bermed corners. The design and layout of switchback/bermed corners is largely dependant on the gradient of the terrain intended for use.
    As part of the contract works the existing end to BKB will be blocked and the old trail made good. Back filling the eroded sections and obstructing the trail to encourage riders onto the new trail.
    Mike
    Mike

Post  Mike Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:25 am

Those berms look fantastic, Greg bounce

The vid suggests a full-facer - was there a lot of scary stuff?
    On_One_Ti_456
    On_One_Ti_456

Post  On_One_Ti_456 Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:10 am

Mike wrote:Those berms look fantastic, Greg bounce

The vid suggests a full-facer - was there a lot of scary stuff?

There are some jumps and stuff (as in the first part of the video), which requires a full-face and pads etc, but I avoided those! The rest is typical trail-centre stuff, so no, unless you plan on falling off Laughing
    Nigel E5

Post  Nigel E5 Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:51 pm

I am doing a weekend in the dales mid September that's not to far from where we are staying, looks like we have our Friday afternoon ride sorted.
    On_One_Ti_456
    On_One_Ti_456

Post  On_One_Ti_456 Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:38 am

Nigel E5 wrote:I am doing a weekend in the dales mid September that's not to far from where we are staying, looks like we have our Friday afternoon ride sorted.

They should have sorted the sign-posting out by then, but I can give you a map of the route if you want? I think I might have a GPX file somewhere as well.
    Nigel E5

Post  Nigel E5 Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:34 am

Greg
    That would be good to get a gpx, What sort of mileage is the route?
    On_One_Ti_456
    On_One_Ti_456

Post  On_One_Ti_456 Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:56 pm

Nigel E5 wrote:Greg
    That would be good to get a gpx, What sort of mileage is the route?

Okay, I'll hunt around for it (can't remeber if it's on my home PC/laptop or at work!). I think the routes about 10-12 miles and it took me about 1.5hr, with plenty of stops etc. It's good fun and worth the trip if you're over that way.
    On_One_Ti_456
    On_One_Ti_456

Post  On_One_Ti_456 Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:42 am

Can't find the GPX file but here's a link to one on [http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=12282]BikeHike[/url]. Apparently, there's a good pub at Tosside for post ride drinks.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:21 pm