VC Godalming & Haslemere

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The temporary forum for VC Godalming & Haslemere

2 posters

New on-line MTB magazine

On_One_Ti_456
    On_One_Ti_456

New on-line MTB magazine Empty New on-line MTB magazine

Post  On_One_Ti_456 Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:41 am

International Mountain Bike.

It's includes an article on the Surrey Hills with a GPX route you can download. Had a quick 'flick' through and it looks good, but not sure about the on-line format.
    Mark
    Mark
    Admin

New on-line MTB magazine Empty Re: New on-line MTB magazine

Post  Mark Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:04 am

thanks greg.

did you notice the bit where it says "thankfully, due to the excellent work by local trail builders...."

I was on Yog Pots last night actually (and all mondays in the summer if anyone interested) and I packed in that short rooty section just after the first bomb hole in the tree covered area (original section). The roots used to take most of your speed off for the one crap flat bit making it even more annoying (so Nigel told me, never caused me any problems Wink )

Nigel - let me know if it's riding ok when you're next up there. It may have all fallen apart by then though. I left all roots in place and just packed around them with the hope that it would magically stay firm for all eternity. If it slides off the roots it 'should' be a decent enough mixture of mineral sizes that it will form a right hand rideable ledge to help you carry speed through that section.
    On_One_Ti_456
    On_One_Ti_456

Post  On_One_Ti_456 Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:20 pm

Mark wrote:thanks greg.

did you notice the bit where it says "thankfully, due to the excellent work by local trail builders...."

I didn't actually read the article as I didn't like the magazine format and found it hard to read. I'm not sure replicating a magazine format is the best way on the Internet?
    Mark
    Mark
    Admin

Post  Mark Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:22 am

yeah spose. it gives them more scope for full page ads (did you notice...) which can be sold exactly as that 'full page/double page spreads' rather than the usual online offerings of banners, half banners, skyscrapers etc.

i actually quite like the format. nice big pics.

that sort of reader software is becoming quite popular, there's a PDF version as well so expect to see more of this kind of thing as online media/news becomes paid for.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 pm