VC Godalming & Haslemere

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The temporary forum for VC Godalming & Haslemere

+5
ian
wynne
On_One_Ti_456
Mark
Nigel E5
9 posters

Regular Thursday Off Road Night Ride Summer only

willranoe

Regular Thursday  Off Road Night Ride Summer only - Page 2 Empty Re: Regular Thursday Off Road Night Ride Summer only

Post  willranoe Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:26 am

I hope to make it to the Godalmng ride tonight, but if not next week. Does anyone ride over from Haslemere?
    Nigel E5

Regular Thursday  Off Road Night Ride Summer only - Page 2 Empty Re: Regular Thursday Off Road Night Ride Summer only

Post  Nigel E5 Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:35 am

Hi Will
    No there's no one, train or drive if poss, could be a long ride tonight.
    willranoe

Post  willranoe Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:42 am

Cheers for your replies Nigel. Interested to see what long is! plus if i can hack it! waiting to hear from a mate about camping tonight otherwise i'll see you in Godalming at 7.15. I appreciate the enthusiasm. Thanks a lot. Will
    Nigel E5

Post  Nigel E5 Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:50 am

Hi

Well the longest we ever did was 35 miles it was a canal blast and we still made it to the pub for 10.30.

what's your idea of along ride?
    willranoe

Post  willranoe Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:08 am

That should do it! I've not done much off-road for years so well up for it. Got back from 9 days riding in france on Monday but that was nearly all road. Any of you guys do any racing? I'm hoping to get back into it if my legs feel up to it. I was just into the junior category last time i raced. 28 now. pff.
    ian

Post  ian Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:44 pm

Hi Will -you talking about road or off road racing? Rob Marcus is about 42 and he just gained his third cat licence. Me? Well I'm a bit older and riding LVRC events - you'll have to wait 12 years to enter.
    I do the Thursday off road rides sometimes depending where I am working. I should be Haslemere based now and dependent on my schedule may be able to offer you a lift. (I work for Cycleworks)
    Mark
    Mark
    Admin

Post  Mark Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:22 am

awesome long ride last night. cheers nigel/chris.

sorry i had to get home at the 2nd pub stop - well it was 10:45 when we got there!

nice to meet you will

see you out in a couple of weeks - enjoy the swim/ride next week
    willranoe

Post  willranoe Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:19 am

Yes, great ride, and really good to meet everyone. Need to let some air out of my tyres next week. They're super hard for road riding and after the bumps last night my back's giving me some issues today!

Cheers for the lift offer Ian, I was late getting in last night! I'm fine to ride down just getting back is tricky so hopefully see you next thursday.

Thanks to everyone for last night - a whole lot of fun! W
    ian

Post  ian Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:24 pm

Will - sorry but I work in Haslemere and live in Guildford. I'll probably miss next Thursday as well as I'll be racing at the weekend and need an easy ride plus early night.
    On_One_Ti_456
    On_One_Ti_456

Post  On_One_Ti_456 Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:26 pm

Did you know that The Squirrel in Hurtmore is re-opening? It's been bought by some local businessmen who also re-opened the Dog & Pheasant at Brook, which I've heard good reports about.
    Nigel E5

Post  Nigel E5 Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:56 am

Hi All

This Thursdays ride will be the swim ride over to Frensham great pond. I am off now for a crack back and sack wax.

Leaving prompt at 7.30 this week
    max

Post  max Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:10 am

Thanks all for the nice short slow ride last week, very enjoyable but totally knackered. Missing crank arm piece located and fixing tool acquired to fix. Won't be coming this week as my wife is out, but will come along on the 9th. I have just received a nice pair of Mini Newt headlights from Wiggle, which is good because it will mean that I can see the nettles before they get me, not sure what difference that will make other than making me scared. Still, have to keep up with the lumens.
    AndyI

Post  AndyI Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:46 am

Anyone out tomorrow night..
    Nigel E5

Post  Nigel E5 Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:19 am

Yes there is a ride, I hope to be there might be not though as I have some work to complete in South London.
    Mark
    Mark
    Admin

Post  Mark Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:23 am

i should be out (weather dependant!). there's almost always 8+ riders.
    Mark
    Mark
    Admin

Post  Mark Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:24 am

On_One_Ti_456 wrote:Did you know that The Squirrel in Hurtmore is re-opening? It's been bought by some local businessmen who also re-opened the Dog & Pheasant at Brook, which I've heard good reports about.

yeah my wife spotted it was open the other day. about time.. hope they still have a wide range of beers and a better menu.
    AndyI

Post  AndyI Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:58 am

Great stuff.. Subject to the weather too I hope to see some of you guys down there tomorrow. new set of hope hoops burning a hole in my garage floor. Looking forward to giving them a maiden voyage Very Happy
    AndyI

Post  AndyI Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:31 pm

Hi guy's thanks for a top ride and making me feel welcome... I will be back out soon and look forward to another night ride.

Cheers

Andy
    Mark
    Mark
    Admin

Post  Mark Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:10 am

yeah great ride - cheers nigel. sorry to miss the beer at the end.

love the fact that you posted at 12:30 at night Andy!

see you on sunday greg etc. (Hope you can make sunday andy)
    Nigel E5

Post  Nigel E5 Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:25 am

Hi all
    Glad you enjoyed it, I will try and post up the Garmin connect route in the next few days.
    On_One_Ti_456
    On_One_Ti_456

Post  On_One_Ti_456 Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:53 am

Nigel E5 wrote:Hi all
    Glad you enjoyed it, I will try and post up the Garmin connect route in the next few days.

Thanks for the ride Nigel and all. I'd be interested in seeing the route, just to confirm where I think we went with where we actually went!
    Nigel E5

Post  Nigel E5 Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:01 am

Hi

try this

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/8600356

Its a copy and paste
    On_One_Ti_456
    On_One_Ti_456

Post  On_One_Ti_456 Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:29 am

Nigel E5 wrote:Hi

try this

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/8600356

Its a copy and paste

Thanks Nigel. Same route as I had thought it was Surprised
    AndyI

Post  AndyI Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:15 am

Anyone out tonight... Weather looks good from the window
    max

Post  max Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:44 pm

Broken bike Sad and out next Thursday evening. See you all in a fortnight. I have booked sunshine, warmth and no rain.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 pm