VC Godalming & Haslemere

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The temporary forum for VC Godalming & Haslemere

2 posters

First ride

notul

First ride Empty First ride

Post  notul Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:11 pm

What do I need to do as new rider looking to try a ride out before joining?
    Mark
    Mark
    Admin

First ride Empty Re: First ride

Post  Mark Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:27 am

hi - MTB or road?
    notul

Post  notul Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:29 am

I ride both but probably MTB with VCGH, as I rode on the road with Tri Club.

Thanks
    Mark
    Mark
    Admin

Post  Mark Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:42 am

Guildford Phoenix or Farnham tri?

Anyway, welcome. The most important thing is to choose a ride that is suitable for you. Sunday rides are aimed (normally) at all levels (still read the details as this is not always the case). This Sunday's ride is perfect being over to Frensham with limited technical riding. I.e. mostly bridleways on reasonable gradients. It's quite long but if you do road/tri then you'll be fine.

Saturday rides are aimed at fitter more experienced riders. You'll be able to gauge how you fit into this after a few Sunday rides.

You'll need a MTB in good working order and knobbly tyres, water/tools/jacket/spare inner tube/pump etc.

Mention to the ride leader/group on the day that it's your first ride with us. We're all very friendly and everyone will introduce themselves to you etc. and help make you feel part of the group from the off.

does that help?
    notul

Post  notul Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:45 am

Mark,

Kingfisher Tri

Thats great, I have all the gear and have been riding for a while but mainly doing my own thing or riding with friends. However I now live in Surrey, some of them are north London, others are Kent so riding together is an effort to organise.

Will see how feel on Sunday as doing a longish road ride on Saturday and have been riding every day this week.

Otherwise will look at the calender and pick a ride that suits.

Thanks

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 pm