VC Godalming & Haslemere

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The temporary forum for VC Godalming & Haslemere

4 posters

Lights....again!

dom1

Lights....again! Empty Lights....again!

Post  dom1 Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:32 am

So I have a pair of lumicycle halogens, and one of the $20 cheap (but bright) LED torches from Hong Kong on my head. I have brought out the head light with me for the last 4 months and this has been sufficient up till now, however I now need to use my main lights. I went to charge my big bottle battery yesterday to find it was completely dead! So either I buy a new bottle battery (NiMh) for about £60 or I invest a bit more.
    I am moving house on Wednesday so can't afford any Lupines, Exposure Maxx etc.
    I have however seen some Hope HID's on chainreaction for £130. I don't think I can even stretch to this, but are they any good (and if they are then I might be able to Wink ).
    thanks
    Dom

Last edited by dom1 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    On_One_Ti_456
    On_One_Ti_456

Lights....again! Empty Re: Lights....again!

Post  On_One_Ti_456 Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:08 pm

If you want a cheap option then have a look at this 900 lumen LED light from DealExtreme.
    ian

Post  ian Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:36 pm

HIDs are oldhat now. You have up to a thousand strikes (on/off cycles) They don't like being switched on and off - best suited to long periods of use. When the bulb goes it is not a diy job, it needs to go back to the manufacturer and costs around £100. On a positive note they do have a penetrating beam.
    However modern LEDs consume far less power and can therefore run for longer or utilise a smaller battery.
    I have a lupine nightmare 25/40 watt halogen (550 lumens) and a homemade 7 LED light both with their own battery packs which I will be selling in the near future if you are interested.
    dom1

Post  dom1 Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:36 am

Went with the deal extreme ones as I am pretty impressed by the head torch I got from there.
    Took it out Sunday night and I am really really impressed by it.
    Fantastically bright, really light small battery pack, really good value for money. Used it for a litlle over two hours and still going strong.
    One happy customer Smile
    Mark
    Mark
    Admin

Post  Mark Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:03 pm

bloody hell. what value! don't need one but might get one anyway! 900 lumens for 3hrs for about £50!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:39 am