VC Godalming & Haslemere

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The temporary forum for VC Godalming & Haslemere

2 posters

Southern XC Round 1, Bordon

chris

Southern XC Round 1, Bordon Empty Southern XC Round 1, Bordon

Post  chris Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:51 am

This Sunday is the first round of the 2009 Southern XC series starting at Bordon which is a great course will no hills, hoorah!

Full details:-

http://www.southernxc.net/

all the usual categories including Open. Complete 5 out of 6 races to get full amout of point possible or just have a go at few to enjoy the fantastic courses provided.
    stevep

Southern XC Round 1, Bordon Empty Re: Southern XC Round 1, Bordon

Post  stevep Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:42 am

Hi Chris,

I've not done a southern before, how do they compare to the Gorricks?

btw was that you with the keep going fella on sunday????

steve
    chris

Post  chris Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:19 am

The first race at Bordon is very like the gorricks, a little less entries though i think. The courses will be the same length and the categories are almost exactly the same. Some categories score national ranking points for the top 15. The good thing is though that they score series ranking points down 50th place so you can build up your points through the year for a final placing.

My race was at 9.45am and left before 1pm so i don't think it was me. I always wear a club jersey so you should be able to see me on this Sunday if you come. I think my race is 2pm.

http://www.southernxc.net/
    stevep

Post  stevep Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:17 pm

thanks Chris,

i'm kind of committed to the cycleworks open day on sunday, I'll see if I can "get out of it without letting them down" and may see you there, will let you know. I'd like to do more, i guess experience is the key to getting better/faster.

are you doing the gorick 100, i've entered the 5 lap.
    chris

Post  chris Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:01 am

Blimey good luck with the Gorrick 100. Be prepared that it will take you about 6 hours but the atmosphere is geat that it makes the miles just fall away.

I will be entering the 7 laps as i did last year, took me 7 hours 26 mins and i only finished 7th. A long day in the saddle.
    stevep

Post  stevep Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:56 pm

uh oh, what have i done???? somehow i dont think i'll be coming 7th, thats impressive riding.

i did a merida a couple of years ago but they involve alot of road riding but presumably the gorrick is 100% off road. i'll look out for you there. i'll be in a blue seat altea, i'll get the kids to cheer you on when they turn up later in the day.

i believe there is a "pits" where you can leave water and food etc. the merida provided water at feed stations along the route, is the gorrick the same? or is it self supported?
    chris

Post  chris Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:05 am

There is a feed zone but you need to bring everything you need for the ride. i usually take 3 litres of energy drink 5 energy gels and 3 Eat Natural Bars PLus the 1 1/2 litres in the camel back. This was enough to get me round last year.

The feed zone is just after the start on gentle climb and it is 100% off road but there are some fire tracks that provide a little rest time.

See you there.
    stevep

Post  stevep Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:17 am

looking forward to it i think, and the beer afterwards!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:00 am