VC Godalming & Haslemere

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The temporary forum for VC Godalming & Haslemere

Help For Heroes - Cycle to Nice

andy smillie

Help For Heroes - Cycle to Nice Empty Help For Heroes - Cycle to Nice

Post  andy smillie Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:40 am

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I am currently a serving firefighter with the Surrey Fire & Rescue Service. Previously, I served with the Parachute Regiment serving with both 1 Para and 2 Para. I am writing to you as I am organizing a 2,000 kilometer cycle ride to raise funds for Help for Heroes – an event that has been registered with the Charity directly and shall take place in June 2010.
    In order to raise the profile of our Help for Heroes event and to make it a success, I am contacting recognized individuals/ cycling enthusiasts and companies in the sphere of the cycling world to ask them to aid us in our challenge.
    The cycle ride will start in Surrey, go via parts of the 2007 Tour De France route through the stunning French Alps, and end in Nice – we shall cover approximately 200 kilometers per day for 10 days.
    The participants in this endurance cycle ride are all amateurs who simply want to demonstrate their support to our wounded British service men and women. Their bravery in the face of their situation is humbling, which is why we are passionate about this cause, and want to do our bit.
    I would like to ask you if you are able to join us for part, or even all, of our Tour? I appreciate this is a big request. However, if you are able to lend your support in any form I know it will help to boost our fundraising efforts.
    I would really welcome any support you can give to us personally, or equally any influence you are able to lend to us regarding putting us in touch with potential suppliers and sponsors for our equipment. As I am sure you will appreciate, a challenge like this will require support staff, vehicles and a lot of cycling kit that all needs to be sourced before any of us can even get into the saddle for our event.
    Please do contact me if you are able to lend your support in any way - I shall look forward to hearing from you in the near future and thank you in advance for any time you can take in helping us to achieve our goal of raising £5,000 for Help for Heroes
    Yours truly,

Andrew Smillie :D
    Volunteer Fundraiser Help for Heroes

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:10 am