The temporary forum for VC Godalming & Haslemere


    Trolls Ride

    Share

    Nigel E5

    Posts : 39
    Join date : 2009-02-12

    Trolls Ride

    Post  Nigel E5 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:23 am

    What is the date and start time for the Trolls ride please.
    avatar
    On_One_Ti_456

    Posts : 104
    Join date : 2009-02-09

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  On_One_Ti_456 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:39 am

    It's on Saturday 28th Feb. Not sure about start time though.

    Nigel E5

    Posts : 39
    Join date : 2009-02-12

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  Nigel E5 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:25 am

    Thanks one-on
    avatar
    Mark
    Admin

    Posts : 152
    Join date : 2009-02-08
    Age : 43

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  Mark on Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:28 am

    a few minutes ago i just confirmed it as 9am, rideaway by 9:15. Finish 12.

    Basingstoke Canal
    Visitor Centre

    Mytchett Place Road
    Mytchett
    Surrey
    GU16 6DD

    ian

    Posts : 58
    Join date : 2009-02-09
    Age : 70

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  ian on Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:13 am

    reasonable cafe too for tea and coffee. Daren't mention cake - Chris Holmes might be listening
    avatar
    Mark
    Admin

    Posts : 152
    Join date : 2009-02-08
    Age : 43

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  Mark on Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:03 pm

    excellent ride!!

    Didn't expect 22 people to turn up...

    I put the pics and videos into a little montage (too knackered to do anything else this afternoon...). even has a soundtrack cheers

    avatar
    Mike

    Posts : 33
    Join date : 2009-02-09
    Age : 58

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  Mike on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:54 pm

    Mark, cheers for arranging this with the Trolls. I had a great time, even if I did chicken out of some of the stuff Embarassed

    As you said, it was really fun. Great bunch of guys, and no pressure to do anything you weren't happy with.

    Thanks.

    Mike.

    Nigel E5

    Posts : 39
    Join date : 2009-02-12

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  Nigel E5 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:59 pm

    Great ride. Nice friendly group.If I go over that way again I might have ago
    at some of the more tricky stuff.

    ian

    Posts : 58
    Join date : 2009-02-09
    Age : 70

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  ian on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:30 pm

    Ditto Mike and Nigels comments. Have to go back again (for breakfast) cheers Probably try an evening ride with them as well.
    avatar
    Mike

    Posts : 33
    Join date : 2009-02-09
    Age : 58

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  Mike on Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:14 pm

    Nigel E5 wrote: .. If I go over that way again I might have ago
    at some of the more tricky stuff.
    Me too. The See-saw looks easy on Mark's video Crying or Very sad Embarassed

    jow

    Posts : 5
    Join date : 2009-02-21

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  jow on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:04 am

    Definitely agree - fantastic riding and a great bunch. Look forward to going back there soon.

    Cheers

    ian

    Posts : 58
    Join date : 2009-02-09
    Age : 70

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  ian on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:14 am

    "Me too. The See-saw looks easy on Mark's video" That's because it is. And why I did it twice. It's quite wide to run up although wobbling off the edge was at the back of my mind and the pivot point is perfect. I was expecting a sudden swing but it doesn't happen that way. The bit that threw me out twice was the big bomb hole with the muddy bit. Each time it threw me in a different direction.
    Grin factor 11 out of 10
    avatar
    Mark
    Admin

    Posts : 152
    Join date : 2009-02-08
    Age : 43

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  Mark on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:09 am

    ian wrote:"The bit that threw me out twice was the big bomb hole with the muddy bit. Each time it threw me in a different direction.
    Grin factor 11 out of 10

    I had a birds eye view of your close encounter with that tree on the large bomb-hole in drop-in-surgery. That was a close shave! It was like you flipped yourself around it as you came flying back up, a bit like a high jumper over the bar! Talent or chance?
    avatar
    Mike

    Posts : 33
    Join date : 2009-02-09
    Age : 58

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  Mike on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:31 am

    Mark wrote:
    ian wrote:"The bit that threw me out twice was the big bomb hole with the muddy bit. Each time it threw me in a different direction.
    Grin factor 11 out of 10

    I had a birds eye view of your close encounter with that tree on the large bomb-hole in drop-in-surgery. That was a close shave! It was like you flipped yourself around it as you came flying back up, a bit like a high jumper over the bar! Talent or chance?

    Is 'drop-in surgery' the bit near the canal bridge?
    avatar
    Mark
    Admin

    Posts : 152
    Join date : 2009-02-08
    Age : 43

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  Mark on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:33 am

    yup. we did it twice.

    ian

    Posts : 58
    Join date : 2009-02-09
    Age : 70

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  ian on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:02 am

    Talent all the way Mark. And some help from the Orange. I feel invincible (until the next stack)

    jay tht

    Posts : 1
    Join date : 2009-03-02

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  jay tht on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:02 pm

    Hello all a bit late but just thanking you all for making the ride on Saturday..

    It sure was a big group to guide round, but always fun to do. Good to see some of you give some of the trails features a go to Very Happy

    I guess am saying thank you for making it a great ride Very Happy

    Mark good vid clip to Cool

    Jay

    ian

    Posts : 58
    Join date : 2009-02-09
    Age : 70

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  ian on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:16 pm

    Jay It wouldn't have been a great ride without you to lead us and your friendly javascript:emoticonp('Very Happy')band of THTs. I will come out with THTs as soon as I can. Thanks again
    avatar
    Mike

    Posts : 33
    Join date : 2009-02-09
    Age : 58

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  Mike on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:30 am

    ian wrote:Jay It wouldn't have been a great ride without you to lead us and your friendly javascript:emoticonp('Very Happy')band of THTs. I will come out with THTs as soon as I can. Thanks again
    Seconded, Ian.

    I went back this morning and managed to do all the woodwork, including the seesaw bounce. You're right, Ian. It's not difficult. The drop the other side is very gentle, but it's getting straight that caught me out a couple of times.

    Also went to Pants Down to see if I had the balls. I didn't.

    .. but I did find a mobile phone there (see separate post)

    ian

    Posts : 58
    Join date : 2009-02-09
    Age : 70

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  ian on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:14 pm

    There's a difference between having the balls and being sensible. If you injure yourself when alone who knows how long you could lay there for. Sad
    avatar
    Mike

    Posts : 33
    Join date : 2009-02-09
    Age : 58

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  Mike on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:56 pm

    ian wrote:There's a difference between having the balls and being sensible. If you injure yourself when alone who knows how long you could lay there for. Sad
    Fair point Ian, but I still wouldn't have done it there had been a paramedic team at the bottom. pale

    Nigel E5

    Posts : 39
    Join date : 2009-02-12

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  Nigel E5 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:35 am

    If you liked pants down you should have a look at abbazabba on the north downs, rooty drop in and rise with a 90 deg left hand turn at the top and more drop in.
    I have rode it once. Willing to give it another go in the dry.
    avatar
    Mike

    Posts : 33
    Join date : 2009-02-09
    Age : 58

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  Mike on Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:37 am

    Nigel E5 wrote:If you liked pants down you should have a look at abbazabba on the north downs, rooty drop in and rise with a 90 deg left hand turn at the top and more drop in.
    I have rode it once. Willing to give it another go in the dry.
    Yes, I've heard of that one on the Diary of a Mountain Biker site. If I can't do Pants, I doubt if I'll be able to do that, Nigel No
    avatar
    Mark
    Admin

    Posts : 152
    Join date : 2009-02-08
    Age : 43

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  Mark on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:03 am

    better hurry up and fit all your riding in Mike - you'll be too old next week! Wink

    ian

    Posts : 58
    Join date : 2009-02-09
    Age : 70

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  ian on Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:50 pm

    abbazabba.......You've ridden it. That really surprises me Nigel- you've thrown the gauntlett down.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Trolls Ride

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:07 am