VC Godalming & Haslemere

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The temporary forum for VC Godalming & Haslemere

3 posters

Little lumpy

ian

Little lumpy Empty Little lumpy

Post  ian Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:38 pm

Well it's all over. Congratulations Rupert and Graham for all their hard work in planning and staging a successful event. We've (Cycleworks)already received enthusiastic comments asking when the next one will take place. It looks like some forward planning needs to take place to make the next one even bigger, and better.
    jameswhelan

Little lumpy Empty Re: Little lumpy

Post  jameswhelan Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:59 am

Agreed, it was a very good event, with lots of friendly participants and cakestop marshals.

It was my first Sportive, and also my first century ride, so I found it seriously tough going after 60 miles, which is no bad thing.

The route was excellent, but would it be possible in 2010 to have more descents that enable momentum to be kept up? Quite a few of them had T-junctions halfway down, or gravelly sharp bends, which are good and challenging, but it's nice sometimes to tuck in and get some real speed up.

The only downside was that it was too much like hard work. pale
    RobM
    RobM

Post  RobM Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:50 am

Well James I guess you're entitled to dream. Or end up in Chichester town centre!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:17 pm